Sunday, June 21, 2015

In Susie's Shoes 5th Anniversary!






















My blog first started back in the days where Rumi Neely (fashiontoast) ruled the world and bloggers were few and far between. I was fifteen years old and I practically worshipped Rumi and thought what she was doing was the greatest thing since sliced bread (or, in her case, toast). I decided to create a blog of my own (outside of tumblr) and started posting all sorts of things- outfits posts, flat lays, outings and adventures with friends, makeup, Polyvore guides...you name it, I was attempting it.

All of a sudden, blogs started popping up everywhere. Companies would contact me left and right and I was thinking, "Holy crap. This is so. Cool."
I was constantly looking for new things to talk about and to wear, and it was great.

And then I started working every day until 10 pm. And I started college and I suddenly had to start working for my grades (who knew?). My blog posts were dwindling, but I couldn't bring myself to delete it. Just recently I realized what a huge outlet and blessing this blog had been for me and how many opportunities I have been given through it, so I started to get back into the habit of posting occasional outfits and recipes (while not letting it get too consuming).
And I thought to myself, I've been doing this a while. I wonder how long it's been?
Much to my surprise, Blogger tells me I started this old thing in June of 2010. Five years ago. 

 So I wanted to take this opportunity to post a few throwback outfits and to thank everyone who read my blog 5 years ago, everyone who just started reading it, and the all of the companies and organizations who have collaborated with me to make something great.
I am so very thankful for each and every page view, comment, and email I get from all of you!

Here's to another five years!

2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on this! Thank you so much for sharing your talents!

    Online Shopping Mexico
    Shopping Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog. Impressive info shared in this blog Online shopping

    ReplyDelete